Following this, we read Act V in small groups. We then answered the following questions over the act in complete sentences:
- Why doesn’t Romeo get the Friar’s letter?
- What does the apothecary give Romeo?
- What happens to Paris, and who is responsible?
- How does Romeo die?
- How does Juliet first try to kill herself? How does she actually die?
- In Act V Scene 3, how could the Friar have prevented Juliet’s death?
- Which two characters get arrested by the Watch?
- One other character dies in Scene 3; who is it, and what causes the death?
- Who tells the whole story to the Prince?
- What happens between the Capulets and Montagues as a result of this tragedy?
If you were absent, or needed more time to read/finish the questions, you can download the three scenes of Act V below.