Your daily homework for chapters 5-9 was due today.
Today's journal entry was, Author Harper Lee uses a very offensive word in her novel when some characters talk about black people in TKAM. Why do you think she does this in a book written for young readers? What is the purpose of her choice? What do you think about it?
We reviewed the reading and took a quiz over chapters 5-9 today. Following this, we worked on our Finch Family Trees.
FINCH FAMILY TREES
- Do this on a blank sheet of printer paper
- Start with Simon at the top (we don’t know how many generations are between his and Atticus’s, but that’s okay)
- Find its way down to “Scout” and “Jem”
- Use FULL NAMES, not just nicknames
- Should be colored, clearly labeled, accurate – and have at least 12 people on it
- You will be scored on accuracy, full names please, and appearance.