Following this, you began work on a Map of Maycomb that will be submitted in your TKAM notebook. The instructions for this project are:
- Create your map on a sheet of unlined printer paper (ask Baker if you need one)
- Needs to be in color
- Use clues from the text (especially Chapter 1) to figure out where different landmarks are in relationship to Scout's house
- Landmarks to include: Scout's house, the Radley house, Mrs. Dubose's house, Miss Rachel's house, school, courthhouse, churches, etc.....
- There ARE some right answers (we know who the Finches' next-door neighbor is, for example) but some of this will require critical thinking and creativity. Every map will look slightly different -- that's okay!
- Use the full sheet of paper; don't make a miniature map.
Your reading assignment is to read chapters 5-9 of TKAM, doing daily homework for each chapter.