1. DRAFT your own definition of humanity
- Remember: humanity as a characteristic someone/something possesses, NOT as a species
- Consider our prior discussions about humane/inhumane
- You will be allowed (encouraged) to revise your definition
2. Do you think that humanity is...
- binary (either you have it or you don't)
- a spectrum (like a sliding scale)
- On its own page, create a visual representation of this -- a T-chart, a spectrum/number line, etc.
3. Place characters on the chart/spectrum, including:
- Steven Byerly
- Frankenstein's monster
- the important human characters from the other readings we've done so far (Nemo, etc.)
- Be prepared to defend your placements!